I ended up getting pretty tan this month after a trip to the Jersey Shore and some time up north so I’ve really been wearing very little makeup and instead going for a more natural sun-kissed look. I’ve been skipping foundation and mostly focusing on eyeliner and cheeks! So before I ramble too much more here are my favorites for May and what I’ve pretty much been wearing on a daily basis.
1. Guerlain L’or Radiance Concentrate – I got this in a sample kit from Sephora and unfortunately fallen in love with it ( I think a full-size of this product costs around 70 dollars) I can’t really pinpoint what this does to my skin but it just looks better when I apply this. It does have gold flecks throughout the serum that do show up on your skin but I feel like they kind of melt away throughout the day. I’m going to be so sad when I use this sample up
2. Tarte Smooth Operator Illuminating Serum- Instead of foundation I’ve been applying this since it does have a very light coverage to it. This gives my face a really nice glow while still letting my natural skin come through. Plus it takes 2 seconds to apply in the morning! I haven’t really been setting this either, if I do apply powder I’ve just been using my Tarte Park Avenue Princess Bronzer all over my face.
3. Maybelline Dream Bouncy Blush in Hot Tamale- Even though I’m still not a huge fan of this product I’ve been using this cream blush pretty much everyday. I found I like the finish and application of this much more when I skip foundation, which is what I’ve been doing this month, so I think that’s why I’ve been reaching for it. This also looks more natural than a powder blush and I find this particular shade looks really nice with my tan.
4. CoverGirl Lashblast 24 Hour- This mascara has been awesome in the heat! It didn’t smudge at all when I wore it to the beach and it holds curl amazingly well. Also, on my recent trip to New Jersey I spent a full day in the sun then drove home 11 hours straight and this never came off. I was awake well over 24 hours and this stuff looked the same as it did when I first applied it.
5. Maybelline Line Stilletto eyeliner – Since I’ve been keeping most of my face natural this month I find my favorite eye look is a subtle cat eye and fake lashes. This has been one of my favorite liquid liners for quite some time and the one I’ve been grabbing for most this month.
6. Sephora Eyeshadow in Choco Excess No 19 – On the few days I have worn eyeshadow I’ve grabbed this one everytime. It’s a little sparkly but I like using this to define my crease and give myself a smokey bronze look. It blends easily and has really good lasting power even without a primer.
7. e.l.f Conditioning Lip Balm in Natural – This stuff is the perfect nude lip with a tan and is so moisturizing for chapped lips ( Mine got a little sunburnt from too much time at the beach)
8. Cantu Shea Butter leave-in Conditioning Repair Cream- I ran out of my Macadamia hair masque this month and needed a replacement repair cream so I randomly picked this up while shopping at Target. I’m pretty sure it only cost 6 dollars and the tub is huge. This is actually a leave-in cream for after the shower but it’s been leaving my hair amazingly soft and shiny. I was worried it might be a little heavy but it’s actually really light with zero greasiness. I just apply this to my towel-dried hair and then style as usual. It’s seriously like the best leave-in conditioner I’ve tried and so cheap! If you’re hair is super dry like mine I highly recommend trying this out! I’m debating if I even need to buy some of my other more expensive leave-in conditioners again.