My Blush Collection
In an effort to declutter my life for the New Year I have been reorganizing my makeup collection and last night I began sorting out all my blushes. Blush is probably my favorite makeup item to purchase because it usually lasts forever and can really change the way you look. Anyways, I posted this picture on my instagram and someone asked me which ones were my favorite so I sat down and compiled a quick list of what my favorites and least favorites were
1. Any of my Tarte blushes. I own four in the shades Amused, Blissful, Flush and Peaceful. The only one that has shimmer is peaceful and the rest are a matte finish. The most unique shade of these four is flush, which is a deep berry and a perfect color to brighten up your cheeks in these depressing winter months!
2. Physician’s Formula Happy Booster Blushes. These are nicely pigmented products at a very reasonable price, they are a drugstore brand but I think department store quality. The colors look natural with just the right amount of sheen/shimmer. I own the shade warm and a pink shade that no longer has a name on the bottom. Whoops!
3. Laura Gellar blushes. Next time you’re at Ulta swatch a few of these blushes because they are gorgeous. I have Neapolitan, sunswept and Pink Grapfruit. These are really pigmented, beautiful colors but kind of pricey.
4. NYX Powder Blush. If you are just starting a makeup collection or don’t have a lot of money to spend I think these are a great blush to start with. These are pigmented, very reasonably priced and come in a pretty good color selection. I own Mocha, Desert Rose, Pinched and Summer Peach. The only downside is these can be a little powdery and the packaging isn’t very sturdy. My lids always break on these so be careful if you bring those in your luggage!
5. ElF Studio blushes. This is another really good brand if you are just starting to play around with makeup. These cost 3 dollars and the color selection is decent. Watch out for a lot of shimmer in these!
6. NARS. I only own one Nars blush in the shade Amour. I love it and the quality is good. If I had to pick between buying another NARS blush or Tarte blush I would buy Tarte, but I still think it’s a good quality product.
7. Wet n Wild Blushes. These are cheap, pigmented and a great buy on a budget. Again, these are going to be a little powdery with crappy packaging but you get actual color payoff unlike a lot of other drugstore brand blushes.
8. L’oreal Project Runway Limited Edition Blushes. These only come out once a year but all the colors I have tried have been very pretty, my current favorite is #326 The Muse’s Blush. Warning: the eyeshadow quads in these limited edition collections are a waste!
9. Hard Candy Fox in A Box Blushes. I own Hot Flash and Spicy & Sweet. I love them because they have 4 shades in one box and are reasonably priced at Wal-Mart
The Not So Great!
1. The Balm. I only own one blush in the color Frat Boy, but this color does nothing for my complexion. I used it once since I bought it and just overall was very underwhelmed.
2. SmashBox Softlights Duo Blushes. I think I have the shades Passion and Undercover. These come with a blush and highlighter but I’m not particulary impressed with either. Not worth the price and not something I would ever be interested in repurchasing.
3. MAC Sheertone Shimmer Blush. I own the shade Dollymix. The color is pretty but the texture of this didn’t impress me and didn’t seem worth the 18 dollars I spent. I’m just not a big fan.
4. Maybelline Dream Bouncy Blush. I have a love/hate relationship with this product. I only own one, Hot Tamale and probably will never try another shade. Applying this is a huge pain for me. I hate using fingers and a brush doesn’t work. It’s messy and some days it looks streaky and patchy and I end up taking it off and starting over with a different blush all together. Other days it looks perfect and I end up loving it but I just don’t like having to work that hard in the morning.