Revlon ColorStay Quad in 540 Inspired (see my review here)
love & Beauty Bronzer (see my review here)
NYX Slide on Pencil in Sunrise Blue
I have a hard time wearing color on my lids but I wanted to find a way to wear this spring’s turqouise trend on my eyes. I came up with this simple smokey eye that’s subtle enough for me to wear but still has a pop color.
1. Apply Foundation and eyelid primer
2. Apply shade 2 of Revlon Quad from lashline to crease
3. Intensify color using Urban Decay’s Flipside shadow
4. Apply shade 4 from Revlon Quad into crease. Blend.
5. Apply a small amount of love & beauty bronzer to the center of your lid for added depth
6. Using NYX slide on pencil smudge under lower lashline and onto lower water line
7. Smudge love & beauty bronzer underneath lashline and apply to tear duct
8. Add lots of both Mascaras for a dark and defined lashline
9. Contour with the Milani Bronzer and then blend out as a blusher
10. Use the love & beauty bronzer as a higlight along the tops of your cheek bones
11. Apply lipstick and gloss
Forever 21 may not have the most high-end beauty products but I love grabbing whatever beauty steals they have displayed when I’m waiting in line to check out. This pretty bronzer was only 3 dollars and I couldn’t resist the packaging! For only a few bucks this looks lovely swept across the tops of my cheekbones. The bronzey gold pigment of this swatches nicely and isn’t overly glittery. A great find!
I’ve been liking Smashbox more and more lately and this bronzer I received in a value set from Sephora has not disappointed. The Smashbox Fusion Soft Lights bronzers are supposed to give you a lit from within glow with a soft shimmer that doesn’t look overly glittery or shiny. I think these come in a few different shades but the one I have (Dusk) works beautifully on my skin tone. The texture of this powder is smooth and silky and blends easily.
At first glance I thought this might look too orange, but the color payoff is subtle but still gives me a noticeable warmth and glow. I wouldn’t recommend this for contouring because of the slight golden shimmer but the sparkle is barely noticeable when blended out.
I’ve also been loving this for eyeshadow. The powder is so soft and blends with zero effort. This product is awesome in the morning when I’m in a rush because I can use it all over my face and on my eyes. Depending on my mood I use my eyeshadow brush in all or just one or two of the shades and then I finish with my Tarte SmolderEYES liner in bronze and black mascara. Literally takes 1 minute!
Things To Know:
1. For all over the face I like applying this with a fluffy Kabuki Brush
2. This has super fine golden sparkles in it. It won’t make you look like a disco ball though. The shimmer is very subtle
3. This product is a little pricey at $30.00 but you can use it as a bronzer and an eyeshadow so it won’t go to waste!